For the past 30 years, we have been organising, personalising and supporting the care and life pathways of residents and patients: this is our mission. Our medical expertise lies at the heart of our daily action. Every day, this expertise is developed with our medical and nursing teams, and enriched by scientific and technical progress, our international experience and society’s changing expectations.
Our medical project
ORPEA’s medical project is based on the commitment of its employees and a broad network of care facilities: psychiatric and rehabilitation hospitals, assisted-living facilities, nursing homes, outpatient and home care services. This project is recognised for its diverse array of specialisations, its know-how and the quality of its infrastructures.
Our medical and support project for our patients and residents is based on three pillars:
- A decentralised approach to our facilities:
- Quality and organisation of the care
All these principles are established by medical commissions, facility projects or best practice charters on each of our sites.
- Scientific expertise, to guarantee optimal medical and care activities based on science and best practices:
- Scientific literature
- Academic partnerships
- An approach based on feedback from the field
These actions are overseen by an international scientific committee comprising experts from all our sites.
- Dignity and respect for ethical principles:
- Promoting an ethical culture among our internal teams and regularly consulting our staff, patients, residents and their families, as well as all our stakeholders
- Drawing on a multidisciplinary team to conduct analyses and suggest solutions
The question of ethics mobilizes three bodies: an ethics orientation council, a space for consultation, monitoring and ethical vigilance and an urgent ethics consultation unit. TO KNOW MORE ABOUT OUR COMMITMENTS REGARDING MEDICAL ETHICS
Our fields of expertise
ORPEA has developed specific expertise in the following areas and diseases:
- Care for dependency (temporary or permanent) and high dependency
- Neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s andParkinson’s
- Rehabilitation and re-education: orthopaedic, neurological, cardiac, etc.
- Psychiatric disorders
The Group seeks to provide its knowledge and take part in the resulting research and debates.
Our quality approach
ORPEA Group’s quality system is based on:
- The definition of highly precise protocols and procedures to govern medical monitoring and care;
- Continuous training of personnel;
- Traceability of the distribution of medicines and care provided in order to promote their security and ensure that the information is effectively passed on within the teams (day and night, during the week and at weekends);
- The implementation of regular controls, called "internal audits", to make sure that the procedures are adopted and applied, that the protocols are perfectly known, and that the corrective actions undertaken have been monitored over time;
- The implementation of “external audits” to guarantee transparency for residents and their families, and to ensure that our facilities uphold concrete commitments regarding the regularity of the quality of service offered.